Tired of Messenger Home taking over your Android device’s home screen? If the answer is yes, then I can truly sympathize.
While Messenger Home promises a seamless blend of messaging and home screen functionality, you might find yourself longing for the familiarity of your previous setup.
Whether you’re looking to switch back to your old launcher or try out a new messaging app, I’m here to help you eliminate Messenger Home.
Let’s Understand Messenger Home a Bit Better!
Messenger Home is an Android launcher and SMS messaging app that aims to provide a unified experience for users by combining the home screen and messaging functionalities.
With over 1 million satisfied users, Messenger Home boasts a free, all-in-one solution for managing your home screen and text messaging.
Here are the characteristics that allow Messenger Home to stand apart from all the other messaging apps. It will help you understand your specific problem regarding the app. Suppose you like some of its features while disliking others. In that case, there might be a better solution I can provide for you rather than simply uninstalling it.
It will Have Home Screen Features
The app offers a functional home screen that prioritizes quick access to your most frequently contacted individuals for messaging. Users can instantly access text and SMS conversations by swiping right on the home screen.
Additionally, Messenger Home provides over 5000 free emojis, stickers, and GIFs, enhancing the messaging experience.
You’ll Have Speed and Simplicity in Messaging
One of the app’s key features is its focus on speed and simplicity in messaging. Users can access all their SMS text messages with just a swipe, ensuring a seamless experience. The app also simplifies messaging by offering dynamic home screen shortcuts for the user’s top six most frequently messaged contacts, streamlining the chat process.
Creativity and Personalization
Regarding creativity and personalization, Messenger Home allows users to customize their messaging experience with personalized themes and colors. Each contact is assigned a custom colorized icon, making locating and messaging specific individuals easier.
The app also supports private and secure group chats, adding a layer of versatility to the messaging experience.
It Makes Messaging Fun Again!
Finally, Messenger Home aims to make messaging fun with its extensive library of emojis, GIFs, stickers, and memes that can be directly integrated into SMS text messages. This focus on creativity and expression adds a playful element to conversations, making chatting more enjoyable for users.
Benefits of Removing Messenger Home
Removing Messenger Home from your Android device can offer several benefits tailored to your preferences and usage patterns. Here are a few of them–
You Can Regain Control Over Your Home Screen Experience
Removing Messenger Home from your Android device lets you regain complete control over your home screen experience. While Messenger Home integrates messaging and home screen features, its layout and functionality might need to align with your preferred workflow.
You can customize your home screen to suit your needs and habits by reverting to your previous setup. Similarly, if you want to streamline your default messaging app, here’s how to merge texts on Android.
You Can Switch to Different Launchers on Messaging Apps
Uninstalling Messenger Home lets you switch to a different launcher or messaging app seamlessly. If you’ve found another launcher or messaging app that offers features or customization options more aligned with your preferences, removing Messenger Home allows you to try that one out.
This ensures you can tailor your Android experience to your liking, whether through a different launcher’s aesthetics or a messaging app’s functionality. By removing any barriers, you can explore new options without constraints.
Did you know you can instantly boost your productivity by this simple messaging hack of texting yourselves?
People Can Create a Simpler and Streamlined Home Screen Experience
Removing Messenger Home allows you to create a simpler and more streamlined home screen experience. While Messenger Home aims to enhance productivity by integrating messaging features into the home screen, some users might need help with this integration.
Uninstalling Messenger Home lets you declutter your home screen and focus on the apps and widgets that matter most to you, creating a more efficient and personalized setup. You can organize your home screen with a clean slate to maximize productivity and usability.
How to Get Rid of Messenger Home on Android?
Removing Messenger Home from your Android device is a straightforward process. You can do it with various methods. Whether you prefer to uninstall the app directly from its settings or through your device’s application manager, I’ve got you covered with step-by-step instructions.
THIS is how you get rid of Messenger Home —
Uninstall via the Main In-App Settings Screen
- Start by opening Messenger Home on your device.
- Look for the ‘Big Keyboard & Home Screen Settings’ icon in the app drawer and tap on it.
- Once in the settings menu, scroll down and locate the Uninstall option, usually represented by a trash can icon.
- Tap on the Uninstall option to initiate the uninstallation process. Follow any on-screen prompts to confirm and complete the uninstallation.
Uninstall via the In-App FAQ Screen
- Open Messenger Home and access the ‘Big Keyboard & Home Screen Settings’ icon in the app drawer.
- Inside the settings menu, locate and tap on the FAQ button.
- In the FAQ section, look for the question, “How Do I Uninstall Big Keyboard & Home Screen?” and select it.
- You’ll find a blue button called “Uninstall This App”. Just tap on it to get rid of the app.
- Navigate to your device’s settings by accessing the app drawer and selecting the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Application Manager,” depending on your device’s settings layout.
- Locate Messenger Home in the list of installed apps and tap on it to open the app details.
- Within the app details, you’ll find the option to uninstall Messenger Home directly. Tap on this option and follow any prompts to complete the uninstallation.
Uninstall via the Google Play Store
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- In the search bar, type “Messenger Home” to locate the app in the Play Store.
- Once you find Messenger Home in the search results, tap on it to open the app’s page in the Play Store.
- On the app’s page, you should see an “Uninstall” button. Tap on this button to uninstall Messenger Home from your device.
What If I Want to Keep SOME Features of the APP?
In light of the features and specific functions you’ve learned about this app, you might want to keep one or the other. Do I sound confusing?
Well, let me clear it up for you. This app combines your SMS services and Home Screen visuals, providing a uniquely streamlined experience.
Now, you might want to use this app only for its Home Screen aesthetics, OR you might want to keep it for its unique messaging features. Well. That’s entirely possible. Here’s how –
Changing the Home Screen
- Open Messenger Home and navigate to the settings menu.
- Look for the “Switch Home Screen” option and tap on it.
- Select an alternative home screen launcher from the list of available options. This could be the default launcher with your device or another third-party launcher you prefer.
- Confirm the selection and your home screen will switch to the chosen launcher while retaining other Messenger Home features.
By changing the home screen in this way, you can maintain the messaging integration provided by Messenger Home while using a different home screen layout that better suits your preferences.
Changing the SMS App
- Open Messenger Home and navigate to the settings menu.
- Look for the “Switch Messaging App” option and tap on it.
- Select your preferred SMS app from the list of available options.
- Confirm the selection, and your device will switch to the chosen messaging app while retaining Messenger Home’s other features.
By customizing the home screen and SMS app settings within Messenger Home, you can tailor your Android experience to your liking without completely removing the app.
This approach allows you to take advantage of the aspects of Messenger Home that you find helpful while avoiding those that don’t align with your preferences.
So, there you have it. You’ve got four different ways to get rid of the Messenger Home app if it bothers you or you don’t need it at all. But just remember: some features you over by their aesthetics or their uo. You can sleep on it and decide after analyzing your preference.
Anyhow, whether you’re just saying “see ya later” to Messenger Home or giving it a makeover by cherry-picking features, now you’re armed with the knowledge to make that happen. So, customize with confidence—your Android, your rules!