Aggh! I am sick of these Android things. Last night, I was on an important call, and suddenly, the network went off. Can you imagine?
When I tried calling back, it kept flashing the “Radio Off” text. Yeah Yeah! I restarted the device and did that little Airplane Mode On-Off trick.
But nothing happened! I was detached from the network.
However, thanks to my techy brain! I had a rough idea of what could revive my phone network. So, let me share with you the tricks to fix the Radio off on Android. Shall we begin?
I Did This To Fix The Radio Off, And It Worked!!!
Basically, Radio Off is a cellular network-related issue. So, no! We are not talking about the FM Radio apps. If your call screen shows Radio Off, just follow the steps below, and it will do the magic.
- Go to Settings.
- Open SIM Cards & Mobile Networks.
- Click on the SIM that is not working. It will take you to SIM Card Settings.
- Navigate to Access Point Names and tap it.
- An APN window will open. Click on the reset option below and select the Internet option.
- Go back and tap on the Preferred Network Option. Choose Prefer LTE or Prefer 4G from there.
- Return to the previous page and tap on Mobile Networks. Toggle on the Automatic Select Network. Is it already running on automatic selection? Then, turn it off and turn it on again.
- Go all the way back to Settings and open About Phone.
- Access Internal Storage from Detailed Info and Specs.
- Clicking the Internal Storage 4 or 5 times will take you to Phone Information. Tap on it.
- Navigate Mobile Radio Power from there and turn it on. Toggle off the bar and toggle it on again if the radio option is already selected.
- Now restart your phone and try calling. The network issue should be resolved.
What if your Radio Off is still not fixed?
I am pretty sure if it is a software-related problem, the above solution will do the job. But if you are still struggling, I guess you have a fried IC. Take the phone to an expert and have your device diagnosed.